We can’t help ourselves, we love photography. The only thing we love more is educating people about photography. The Rocky Mountain School of Photography (RMSP) blog provides information, inspiration and community.
Why Paper Airplanes for Rocky Mountain School of Photography’s Blog??
We hoped you’d ask! As anyone who has been through our Summer Intensive program might have already guessed, we snagged the name from the last assignment our students complete during graduation every summer. The brainchild of Marie Osborne, our Career Training Program Director, it goes something like this:
- Each student receives a blank piece of colored paper.
- He or she writes a single word or phrase on the paper that captures their aspirations, visions for their future, hopes for success in photography—you get the idea.
- Step by step, Forest Chaput de Saintonge (son of RMSP owners Neil and Jeanne) walks them through the process of folding the paper into an airplane.
- The results are as varied, unique and personal as the students themselves.
- On Marie’s call, the group launches their planes– dreams, hopes, aspirations– into flight.
For us, the process mimics the overall RMSP experience. When you decide it’s time to take flight, we help you build your aircraft and prepare you to launch your dreams. The sky’s the limit.
And then we clean up a room full of paper airplanes.
What is Rocky Mountain School of Photography?
Rocky Mountain School of Photography, based in Missoula, Montana, is dedicated to providing experiential photography education to all levels of photographers. We have three main programs:
Career Training – This unique professional photography training program is made up of three sessions, Summer Intensive, Professional Studies and Advanced Intensive. Career Training focuses on the fundamentals of photography, the business of photography and the processing and production skills any aspiring professional photographer needs to know.
Weekends — A two-day, seminar style program that travels January-May to different cities throughout the United States.
Workshops – These are six day courses that are created with an amazing location, a photography skill set, or the digital lab in mind. These workshops take place in Missoula, Montana, across the United States and around the world from January – November.
To learn more about our programs vist www.rmsp.com or call 800-394-7677.